Anyone with information regarding any of these cases is asked to call the Council Bluffs Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at (712) 328-4765 or CrimeStoppers at (712) 328-7867.
Ratliff, Kimberly M.
22 years of age / January 12, 1999
- The body of 22 year old Kimberly M. Ratliff was found with her throat slashed in a car left on the parking lot of Peoples Natural Gas, 1414 West Broadway. An employee made the discovery at about 10:40 a.m. on January 12, 1999. It is believed the car with the body inside had been parked on the lot over the weekend. To this day, no witnesses have come forward and police have not been able to gather enough evidence to charge anyone with the crime. Anyone with information is asked to call (712) 328-4765 or (712) 328-7876.
- The bottom photo shows Kimberly M. Ratliff's 1988 Plymouth Sundance.
June 25, 1982 / Case# F82-2558
- On June 25, 1982, at 12:27 p.m., officers responded to the Best Western Motel, 2216 27 Avenue #106, to investigate the death of a female. The victim, Lee Rotatori, died from a stab wound to the chest. There was no suspect information at the time and currently is still unknown to law enforcement.
21 years of age / April 9, 1982 / Case # D82-0713
- Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call the Council Bluffs Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at (712) 328-4765 or Crime Stoppers at (712) 328-7867.
Adams, John P. Jr.
23 years of age / July 11, 1982 / Case # G82-1088
- On July 11, 1982, in the 2400 Block of West Broadway, officers located the victim, John P. Adams Jr., lying in the road, deceased. Adams had been the victim of a shooting, one shot to the face.
- Witnesses stated two men had been arguing in the street by 25th and West Broadway. Adams approached a subject on a motorcycle. The subject then shot Adams. Adams fell to the ground and the suspect was seen leaving northbound on North 25th Street. The motorcycle was described as a Kawasaki KZ900, candy-apple red. The suspect was described at the time as 18 - 20 years old, tall, dishwater blond hair, clean shaven, wearing a type of white golf shirt, and blue jeans.
Hickson, Edward Leroy
32 years of age / February 15, 1978 / Case # B78-1173
- On February 15, 1978 at 4:14 a.m., officers respond to a fire call in the 1500 block of South Sixth. Council Bluffs Fire Department informed officers of an unresponsive male inside the Rock Island Bunkhouse #27. Paramedics transported the victim, Edward Leroy Hickson, to Mercy Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
- A witness to the incident advised police of the following information; at 4:05 a.m. a white male was observed entering the Rock Island Bunkhouse #27. The witness describes the white male as 6 foot 3 inches to 6 foot 4 inches tall, wearing a brown stocking hat, and black jacket. The suspect then exited the bunkhouse and went over to a 1975 or 1976 Buick or Monte Carlo. The vehicle was burgundy over white, with a green shirt hanging inside the vehicle. The suspect removed something from the vehicle and re-entered the building. A few minutes later the suspect exited the building and left in the listed vehicle. At this time the offender is unknown.
Floyd, Joe Junior
42 years of age / July 1, 1967 / Case # D67-18
- On July 1, 1967, Council Bluffs Police were called to the area of 10th Street and 10th Avenue to investigate a report of a man lying in the water. Officers arrived and located a deceased male lying next to the railroad tracks in water. Reports state there was a considerable amount of blood loss. A trail of blood led from the street, across the tracks and to the location of the deceased, later identified as Joe Floyd, Jr. The victim appeared to have been shot with a small caliber handgun. At this time there is still no known offender.
Pleas, Judith Kaylene
August 10, 1973 / Case # MP-73-226
- On October 14, 1973, Pottawattamie County Sheriff’s Office had been called in reference to the remains of a body. Remains of a female were discovered by a farmer in a cornfield outside the city limits of Council Bluffs. The deceased was later identified as Judith Kaylene Pleas, cause of death was strangulation. The victim had been reported as missing to the Council Bluffs Police Department on August 10, 1973. At the time of the investigation there was no suspect information. The offender is still unknown to law enforcement.