- City Clerk
- Licenses & Permits
- Liquor License
Upon meeting the requirements imposed by state law and the ordinances of this city, a person who is of good moral character as defined by state law and this chapter, may apply for a liquor control license or a beer permit. In the case of a club, corporation or partnership, the officers of the club or corporation and the partners of a partnership shall be the persons of good moral character as defined by state law and this chapter.
To apply for a liquor license, you must first apply online at the Alcohol Beverage Division Website. If you have any questions regarding the applications, please contact the ABD at 1-866-469-2223 (press 1 to be connected with a representative).
If your application has been filed under a corporation, your corporation needs to be registered with the Secretary of State. They can be reached by calling 515-281-5247.
After completing the information online, contact the City Clerk.
The following items will need to be completed:
- Notify your insurance carrier to update "Dram Shop" liquor liability online.
- Provide the City Clerk with a copy of the lease or Warranty Deed.
- Provide the City Clerk with the "Notary" page (attached below)
- Provide the City Clerk with a sketch of the selling area which includes where the entrances/exits and restrooms are located, and the location of where the actual license will be displayed.
- Complete the local background check information form and return the form to the City Clerk.
- Contact the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation to obtain a Criminal History Report. You may go to its website and complete everything online or call 515-725-6066.
Local Background Information Form