Council Bluffs Public Pools
Opening June 15 - Reservations Required!
On June 10, Governor Reynolds lifted the restrictions for swimming pools allowing them to open for recreation use as long as precautions for COVID-19 are in place. Pirate Cove and Katelman will officially open on Monday, June 15 and reservations will be required. There will be two sessions available (11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.) with a capacity of 100 people per session.
Those wishing to come to the pool must have a reservation, no walk-ins will be admitted. To make a reservation, please call the pool you wish to visit (Katelman – 712-328-4939 or Pirate Cove 712-328-4694).
Pool Party Update: City pools will begin accepting pool party reservations on Saturday, June 27 at 8 a.m. Reservations are taken on a first-come-first-serve basis and must be made in-person at the pool where you want the party. Payment is due upon reservation. Pool parties are available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 6:15 - 8:15 p.m. and cost $175 at Katelman and $200 at Pirate Cove.
What to Expect:
- NO RESERVATION, NO ENTRY. A limited number of people will be admitted daily. Do not come if you do not have a pre-booked reservation. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ADMITTED.
- TEMPERATURE CHECK BEFORE ENTRY. No one with a temperature greater than 100.4 will not be admitted.
- BRING A FACE-COVERING or purchase one on-site for $1.00 (cash or check). You must wear a face-covering when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing when outdoors or in the bathhouses.
You will be asked to leave if you do not follow all the guidelines laid out by the City of Council Bluffs. These rules were developed in conjunction with the CDC, state, and county health authorities.
Open daily (weather permitting), beginning Monday, June 15th. Reservations are required and there is a capacity of 100 people per reservation. Two sessions are available: Session 1—11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Session 2 – 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Reservations must be made in advance. No walk-ins will be admitted. To make a reservation, please call the pool you wish to visit (Katelman – 712-328-4939 or Pirate Cove 712-328-4694).
- Reservations must be made at least 40 minutes - 48 hours prior to the start of the session
- Reservations are taken by phone only (no walk-ins)
- No more than 6 people per reservation
- Limit of 1 reservation per day
- Do not arrive before your reservation
The admission fee is $3.00 per person or $4.00 with slides, cash or checks only, and due upon entry. A punch card is available for purchase at $25 for 10 swims or $35 for 10 swims with slides. Limited food and beverages will be available for purchase. No outside food or beverage permitted.
Personal responsibility and respect for your fellow swimmers/pool staff is essential to the safety and success of the Council Bluffs City Pools Summer Season. All guests will be required to read and acknowledge the Council Bluffs City Pools COVID-19 policies and procedures.
IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- Wear a face covering when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing outdoors and in designated areas. Face coverings are not required in the pool.
- Follow strict physical distancing guidelines.
- Congregating in the pool and parking lot areas are strictly prohibited.
- Stay home if you are sick or high risk.
- Leave immediately if you begin to show signs or symptoms of illness.
- Shower with soap prior to entering the pool area will be required. We recommend you arrive dressed in your swimming attire.
- Do not move any chairs, they are strategically placed for social distancing.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I book more than one day at a time?
No. You can only make a reservation one day at a time and that reservation is ONLY good for that specific date and session time indicated.
Can I make a reservation for several days/weeks from now?
No. We are only doing bookings for 48 hours prior to the start of the session.
Will you have food and drinks available?
Yes. We will have limited food and beverage offerings available for purchase. CASH/CHECK ONLY. No outside food or drinks permitted.
How exactly does arrival work?
- When you arrive you and every person in your party will be required to have their temperature checked before entering. If anyone in your party has a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit NO ONE in your party will be admitted.
- You must have a face covering to enter the facility, and it must be worn at all times when you cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other patrons. If you do not have one upon arrival, you may purchase one for $1.00 at the front desk.
- All members of your party must be present before admittance.
- It is recommended that you arrive dressed in your swimming attire.
- Pay entrance fees at the counter while maintaining appropriate social distance from other patrons waiting to check-in. CASH OR CHECK ONLY!
- Proceed into the bathhouse and shower with soap.
What if I lose something?
Please keep track of your belongings. We will NOT be running our usual lost and found.
How are you keeping guests safe?
- We are following all the CDC and state Guidelines.
- Chairs will be placed at least 6 feet apart and cleaned between each session and are not to be moved around by guests.
- There is a limit of 6 guests per area.
- Physical distancing will be enforced, as will the wearing of face coverings in designated areas when guests cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing.
- All public areas will be cleaned between each session.