Waste Connections is contracted by the City of Council Bluffs to provide the following services to residents:
- Garbage Collection
- Recycling Collection
- Yard Waste Collection (April 1 - November 30)
- Additional Curbside Services include:
- Special Collection for disabled - call (712) 256-2288
- Curbside Oil Collection (two gallons/ month)
- Appliance Collection (two/ year, by appointment - call (712) 256-2288)
- Bulky Waste Collection (two/ year, by appointment - call (712) 256-2288)
- Christmas Tree Collection (first full week in January)
To find your collection day, see the map below or call the City Treasurer's Office at (712) 890-5316. To report a missed collection call Waste Connections at (712) 256-2288.
Recycling and Solid Waste Services Guide
Printable Solid Waste Guide 2022-2023
Printable Recycling Calendar 2022-2023
Curbside Holiday Collection Schedule
Curbside collection will not occur on the following holidays. The collection will be one day late after the holiday with the Friday collection taking place on Saturday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, curbside collection is not impacted.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Solid Waste Billing Schedule
Solid Waste billing occurs quarterly with bills due February 15, May 15, August 15, and November 15. A $20 fee is assessed for late payments. Unpaid fees (60 days late) are considered delinquent. All owner-occupied delinquent accounts are subject to a lien against the property. All delinquent accounts that are the responsibility of the tenant are subject to a municipal citation and fines of $750 plus surcharge and court costs.