Records Management Section
Call 911 for emergencies or (712) 328-5737 Option 1 for non-emergency calls to have an officer dispatched to your location.
All police reports are available at Police Records, located at the Council Bluffs Police Department. Initial incident and accident reports are available at the counter. If you have a case number provided by an officer, please bring it with you to expedite locating your reports. Additional and supplemental reports are available after an investigative file request form is completed and approved by City Legal. Active investigations are not available until they are closed. Completed investigative file requests can be delivered in person, mailed, emailed or faxed to (712) 328-4723.
Records is open to the public from 7 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday. A police officer is assigned to Records between 7 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday. Records is closed on holidays.
The following types of incidents may be reported to a Records Technician at (712) 328-4716. Offenses with suspects, drugs & medications, firearms or other weapons, items having serial numbers, or the total value is over $1,500.00 must be reported to a police officer. All other offenses not listed below must be reported to a police officer.
- Lost property
- Thefts, total value under $1,500.
- Catalytic converter theft, any value.
- Cell phones theft, any value. Serial numbers are accepted in the case of cell phones.
- Vandalism, total value under $1,500.
- Vehicle burglaries with no evidence to collect.
- Attempted theft of a vehicle with no evidence to collect.
- Harassing phone calls with an unknown suspect.
- Identity theft with an unknown suspect.
- Online or mail fraud attempts with an unknown suspect and no financial loss.
- Lists of items from a crime already reported to an officer.
Purchase and download an accident report
File a police incident report online
Submit an online tip on criminal activity
All vehicles impounded by the Council Bluffs Police Department are taken to Arrow Towing. Arrow Towing is located at 605 S. 15th Street in Council Bluffs. Arrow Towing handles all releases unless an officer has placed a hold on the vehicle. The hold can be lifted by coming to Police Records.
Red Light Camera Citations
The Records Section is no longer able to reprint a red light camera citation, nor can they accept payment for a red light camera citation. In person payments must be made at the Council Bluffs City Treasurer Office, 209 Pearl Street. You may pay online or call 1-866-790-4111 Option 1 to make a payment by phone.