Public transportation in the United States is a crucial part of the solution to the nation’s economic, energy, and environmental challenges – helping to bring a better quality of life. In increasing numbers, people are using public transportation and local communities are expanding public transit services. Every segment of American society – individuals, families, communities, and businesses – benefits from public transportation.
- Public transportation reduces traffic congestion, travel time, and stress.
- The accessibility and opportunities created by public transportation provide important choices and options for people from all walks of life.
- An individual can achieve an average annual savings of more than $10,000 by taking public transportation instead of driving and by living with one less car.
Did You Know?
- You can park your vehicle at the Park N Ride lot at 8th & Kanesville (NW corner), get on the bus, and be to work in downtown Omaha in 30 minutes.
- Anywhere along Council Bluffs metro bus routes you can flag down the bus to pick you up.
- You can ride the Metro bus to downtown Omaha to go to the Farmer’s Market, any event at the CHI Health Center Omaha convention center and arena, visit the Old Market, or stroll the Heartland of America Park.
City of Council Bluffs Bus Route Maps
Council Bluffs Bus Routes & Schedules