Public Works is the combination of physical assets, management practices, policies, and personnel necessary for government to provide and sustain structures and services essential to the welfare and acceptable quality of life for its citizens.
Citizens may not realize the role Public Works plays in our lives. The fact is that we rely on Public Works for just about everything we do including sanitary, storm, and wastewater systems, street lighting and signal systems, equipment maintenance, and street systems maintenance year-round.
Public Works is a first responder to disasters within our city: from windstorms and blizzards to being a major player in fighting back Missouri River floodwaters and clean-up in the aftermath.
Public Works Operations consists of six separate divisions, with 93 employees assigned to the different divisions.
- Operations Manager
- Administrative & Customer Service - 2 employees
- Central Stores Division - 3 employees
- Facilities Maintenance Division - 7 employees
- Fleet Maintenance Division - 12 employees
- Solid Waste Management Division - 12 employees
- Street & Sewer Maintenance Division - 47 employees
- Traffic Maintenance Division - 9 employees