Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) works towards the promotion and protection of historic districts, landmarks, and sites within the City of Council Bluffs. The HPC reviews and approves all exterior modifications to locally designated historic buildings,landmarks and sites.
The primary duties and responsibilities for this Commission include:
- Recommending to the City Council, historic buildings, districts, objects or sites worthy of local designation
- Educating the public on the historical heritage of the city
- Making recommendations to the City Council on land use, urban renewal, urban revitalization and other planning actions related to historic preservation
- Conducting studies for identifying and designating historic districts and sites in the City
- Authorizing the development of historic preservation plans
- Undertaking other historic preservation matters as requested by City Council.
- 4:00 p.m.
- First Wednesday of the month
- City Hall, 209 Pearl Street - 2nd Floor City Council Chambers
|1 Vacant Position|