1. The device must be on a non-combustible surface.
2. A recreational fire shall be no larger than 3ft in diameter and 2ft in height and at least 25 feet from any combustible surface such as a fence, wall, or other surface.
3. Portable outdoor fireplaces (UL listed fire ring, chiminea, or similar purchased device) shall be located at least 15 ft from any combustible surface such as a fence, wall, or other surface.
4. There must be a hose or fire extinguisher close by.
5. The only material allowed to burn is firewood. No leaves, yard waste, lumber scraps, or household waste may be burned.
6. Be aware of where the smoke is going. The homeowner is responsible for keeping the smoke from becoming a nuisance. Offensive or objectionable smoke may result in a civil fine.
7. If the fire department is dispatched to a recreational fire repeatedly, the home owner/tenant may be subject to a civil citation.
8. We urge the use of common sense.
Please reference the municipal code for additional information.
Municipal Code 4.02.00