Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Special Event Application


  1. 1. Step One
  2. 2. Noise Variance Request
  3. 3. Street Closure Permission
  • Step One

    1. City Clerk's Office
      (712) 328-4616
    2. Estimate of Number of Participants
    3. Type of Event
    4. *Acknowledgement to Proceed
      *By checking this box you are acknowledging you understand these types of events must have City Council Approval. This may add 2 - 4 weeks to the process.
    5. Additional permits required with event includes:
    6. Traffic Control
      Cost for City worker's overtime may be required. Administration fees for police services and cruisers are provided at an additional cost.
    7. Street Closures
      Street closures must be in compliance with the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices. Traffic control barricades and signage must be furnished and placed by qualified companies or by the city. The city charges fees for this service. Street closures require abutting property owners' concurrence. Petition/Permission form needs completed.
    8. Please check any of the following boxes that apply to this event.
    9. Street Closure while utilizing the 712 Initiative Block Party Trailer
      The following items must be completed and submitted with this application to the City Clerk's Office, 209 Pearl Street, Suite 102. The 712 Initiative will provide the City Clerk's Office with your reservation information once they have approved the use of the trailer. If not using the 712 Initiative Block Party Trailer, you must obtain insurance, as outlined below.
    10. An Insurance Certificate is required in the amount of $1,000,000, for Liability coverage, listing the City of Council Bluffs as an Additional Insured and as a Certificate Holder, for all events. Certificate may be uploaded here.
    11. PLEASE NOTE:
      This request form must be submitted or returned to the City Clerk's Office, 209 Pearl Street, Ste 102, at least 2 weeks prior to the event. If not submitted within 2 weeks, the event will be denied. If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office (712) 890-5261.